Michael Olesen
Sex: Male
Language: Danish / English

2. Character Information
Name:
Chillyskye
Class/Spec: Mage / Arcane
Race: Blood Elf
Creation date: Don't know for sure, used to reside on my previous account, but my best guess is at some time during 2008. (read more about my history in 8. Additional Information)
Played time: 94 days

-Are you the original owner of this account? Yes
-Is this your main character? Yes
-Are you applying to Raid, PVP or as a Casual Player? Raid

(Please state what type of player you are and complete the below as appropriate, if you are not intending to raid you can go straight to section 6)

-Equipment (Post a link to a ctprofile, or WoW armory): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nordrassil&n=Chillyskye
-Previous guilds: On this realm only "endless" (read more about my history in 8. Additional Information)
-Reasons for leaving these guilds: Wanted to get back to the raiding again (read more about my history in 8. Additional Information)
-Are you a server transfer? Why did you transfer? (Be completely honest we can check your information): Yes I am, and I've transfered several times, last time because RL caught up with me, had to say goodbye to the hardcore raiding for a time, came back to an empty guild, ppl had moved on to other guilds, and I took the oppotunity to get away from the pvp realm I was on, and get back on the PvE realms again, since PvP never really was my thing. So came here with my mage to start over once more. (read more about my history in 8. Additional Information)
-How many alts do you have, Please list their class/names and their level below:
80 Survival Hunter: Greenskye
80 Frost Deathknight: Unholyskye
80 Protection Paladin: Holyskye
75 Combat Rogue: Shadeskye
and a few others, not worth mentioning, not playing my alts much anyway, mostly for professions. (PS: forum won't allow me to post more than 1 link per post apparently)

3. Computer Information
CPU:
2.4 GHz Core 2 Quad
Graphics card: GeForce 285 GTX
RAM: 8 GB
Connection type: 20 / 4 Mbit
Do you suffer from framerate issues or lag with 25 players on screen? Did previously, but after I cleaned my CPU fan and got my new 285, all is back to playable Very Happy
Can you use Ventrilo 3.0? yes
Do you have a microphone? Are you willing to talk? I'm willing to talk yes, used to raidlead aswell

4. Raiding Information
When are you available to raid with us?
List all times in CET.
Monday - Start time: End time:
17:00 to 02:00
Tuesday - Start time: End time: 17:00 to 02:00
Wednesday - Start time: End time: 17:00 to 02:00
Thursday - Start time: End time: 17:00 to 02:00

What are the consumables you think are important to your class? Usually slap a Frostwyrm on, a fishfeast/some other SP food and got some spare HP/MP pots in the inventory if shit hits the fan.
What do you do to prepare for a raid? Tough question, depending on whats ment. If its a new encounter I will ofcause have read up on the mechanics of the fight, and seen a vid or 2 on youtube and read a bosskillers stratguide, but if its for a trivial kill there isn't much preparation needed, as I usually always have flasks, pots etc stocked up in my inventory.

5. Previous raiding Experience (ZA, SSC, TK, MH, BT, SWP):
What is the hardest boss you have defeated in World of Warcraft?
Hardest is a relative term, cause in most cases it comes down to either no one screwing up, or luck. But in recent memory it must be Sarth+3 in naxx gear, though BT/MH/SWP might have been difficult when we first set foot there, but it became trivial so thats clouding my judgement of those places.
What does PVE raiding mean to you? What I enjoy about PvE is the challenge of mastering my class, and being part of a team effort. For me its all about the kill, and less about the loot. Its a clich stating this, and saying the opposit won't get you into most guilds, but I play this game for the challenge, both personally and as a group, and once something is conquered it becomes less interesting for me to repeat.

6. Previous Games
List any previous MMO's you have played:
EQ2, Lineage 2, EVE Online, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Runes of Magic and many more.
How have these helped you in World of Warcraft? For most of them they have oddly enough not help me in WoW, but they have helped me underline why WoW works as well as it does. Most of the other MMO's I've played has had flaws which either ruined the game, or just didn't suit my needs in a MMO. For example Lineage 2 was way to fixed on grinding and PvP (in a non-structured way), EQ2 lacked real soloing in the higher lvls, which I enjoy spending lot of my time doing when not raiding. Some were played before WoW, others at the same time, others again instead of WoW in periodes, but in the end, they all highlights why WoW works as well as it does.

7. Epsilon Information
Why do you want to join Epsilon?
As stated in 2. Character Information, I'm longing to come back to the raiding again. Luckily I was contacted by Tiamat who suggested me to apply to you guys, I looked your forum up, and read a couple of posts regarding the guild, its rules etc. and found it an intriguing place to be.
What can Epsilon expect to gain from you as a member? A dedicated and experienced raider, who has been away from the game since Ulduar launched, but who is back with renewed hunger for challenges and a will to conquer.
If you have a friend or a person you know in Epsilon let us know his/her name. I spoke with Tiamat in whispers today, but it hardly qualifies as being friends with him, as he has no way of vouching for me.
What do you expect to gain from joining Epsilon? The ability to join raids, show my worth and being part of a team effort. My current guild doesn't raid, and pugging has become increasingly frustrating. So even though I love being part of a social/casual guild with its very nice members, they don't have the capacity to furfill my urge for blood and glory Very Happy

8. Additional Information
This is your chance to tell us anything about yourself which you feel will be beneficial to your application:

And thanks for giving me this chance to express myself in my own words.
I've written so many applications in my time, and not once have I thought about saving the application for future usage... Ohh well, back to scratch once more Very Happy

I'll like to tell a bit about my wowhistory in chronologic order, not that all of it matters, but just to set my wow-persona in some sort of context.
Back when WoW were in beta I was playing Lineage 2, and were well pleased with the amazing grapics and the well balanced combat system, several of my friends had beta accounts and proudly showed me this game, which I back then discarded as being too cartoony. However they convinced me to try it, and it actually felt quite intriguing. I got myself an account and during beta it became more and more WoW rather than Lineage 2, and by launch it was all about WoW.
I started on the realm Vashj back in the days, where I had a Night Elf hunter and Gnome mage. I soon moved on to Hellscream for whatever reason (here my old notes could have been nice, since I can't remember why I made this first move). Here I made my first rogue which I took to 60 and started raiding in Molten Core, Zul'Gurub and later AQ20, I started my first mage called Chillyskye as an alt. Didn't really give it too much focus as I was more of a melee guy back then, Rogue > all. Some of my RL friends back then were playing on Bloodhoof, and I were convinced to come over and start up yet another mage, also a gnome, it was here I became aware of the awesomeness of mages, and did some raiding with them before they stopped playing and I returned to Hellscream. Getting a taste for the mage I soon made her my main, never really got into much end game raiding with her in vanilla, but it was with her I started my Karazhan raiding, I can't recall how far I got raidwise on alliance, but think it was Gruul, Magtheridon and such at most. Back when I was playing alliance the game was mainly hanging out with friends doing casual dungeon runs, it wasn't before I joined horde that I became a real raider.
At some point during the first months of TBC some of my other RL friends asked me to come to the horde and play with them, and so I did. This time it was the realm Hellfire I could call my new home, I began some semi serious raiding, again only Karazhan, Gruul's Lair, Magtheridons Lair and maybe some Serpentshrine Caverns and Tempest Keep (Void reaver only), I was an officer in this guild, but we never managed to get the right ppl into the guild to actually make any progress, it wasn't before I joined up with one of my co-workers from back then, that I came in contact with some people who I shared skills and ambitions with. We were about 15 people, all from Denmark, who came to know eachother quite well, both ingame and in the real world, but 15 people alone didn't make a guild so we merged and reformed several times over the next year(s), but it was in our own constalation we performed best, and with our own views of how guilds should be run, back then it was very political Very Happy With these days we cleared all in TBC, and 9 of us had a Amani War bear service the last months of TBC before patch 3.0 came out and removed it from the chesttable.
When Wrath launched we gathered for a LAN party to set things in motion and start with a bang, as most ppl back then got a bit bored, cause all we did the last months were farming the same old instances over and over. Gearing up for... ? Ya gearing up for an expansion which would no doubt make all our gear useless anyway.
And the LAN worked like a charm, we didn't get everyone along, as some choose to leave the game entirely cause of boredom back in TBC, and didn't want to come back for wrath. But us who stayed, we were all fired up and ready to kick some butt, again we lacked ppl and we were scouting for someone to team up with. (Forgot to mention at this time we were playing on draenor, can't recall exactly when we transfered from hellfire to draenor, but it was done as a guild, the same was the case for our next transfer) We moved to Executus (PvP realm) to join up with another guild, run by some of our RL friends, and it was with these guys I did all my Wrath hardcore raiding, cleared naxx as one of the first realms, same with OS and EOE, then we turned to the hardmodes (old time hardmodes before Ulduar), the Sarth+3, EOE 6 min etc. Never nailed the Immortal though, always someone too cocky on the dps, or a lazy healer or tank who messed up, we farmed these instances and it got pretty trivial in the end. Eventually Ulduar came out and we rushed in, but at this time, my own RL has caught up with me, and I quit the hardcore business, and even WoW for a while, came back several months later, found that the guild had reformed under a new name, and with new ppl. I insisted on staying casual this time, and I've been a casual/social gamer for quite a while now, but can't fool myself any longer. I'm hungry for the challenges, and I can't satisfy that hunger in my current guild. So something had to happen now, getting increasingly annoyed with the way pugs are run, and the tone in them.
Out of sheer restlessness i've been farming faction rep the past few days, so I can feel it has to be sooner than later that I get back into some dedicated raiding again, so I can spend my energy on something constructive Very Happy

That was in short my realm and guild history, feel free to ask for more details.

I would like to touch the subject of former leadership experiences, not that I want to have anything to do with it any more, but just for the records.
During my time in TBC and wrath on Hellfire, Draenor and Executus I've always been an officer and at times also guild leader, though it was more of a round table than a hierarchy. As I said, it was all about policy back then, and its not entirely true, we just had our own way of running a guild, we believed in mutual respect and setting the guilds needs before your own, that in it self isn't anything new, most guilds does that, but most of us, or rather the others, had previous end game experience in various guilds, where most used DKP. We saw that system as to inflexible, and I bet if you ask them today, they still think so all of them. We used Loot council, ofcause that system comes down to trust and a beleif of the loot council not being corrupt. We managed to keep people pleased through TBC and Wrath, so it was not half bad.
Another thing we believed in was that 3 days focused raiding week, could be as effective as a 5-7 days raiding week. That gave our members more free time to real life and days off to do other things in the game, and that kept them motivated and we could pick the days where most people could raid for the longest period of time. So rather than the 20-23/24 most guild these days run, we could go for 19-01 or something like that, giving us more time to pick up momentum and change around tactics if we hit a dead end.
I used to be raidleading aswell, but didn't really enjoy it much, did it out of necessity, as no one else wanted to, and the role kinda stuck.
Used to be a classleader, dps leader and recruitment officer, so I have a good insight in all the dps classes, their specs and utility, itemization etc. At least up to 3.1, some things and changed, and may not be 100% uo to date. Though I know the ins and outs of my own class.

If there is any other questions you want to ask, ask away, I'll be monitoring the forum regularly in short intervals, unless sleeping ofcause Very Happy

PS: Referred to 8. Additional information for an explanation why I don't know the exact time of creation of my current char, I nearly forgot to cover that bit, but here is why:
I mentioned the LAN party for the Wrath launch, and I had everything planned out, pre ordered the Collectors Edition and everything, and the company I ordered it through ensured me I would get it at least the day before launch...
Back then I lived at a dorm, and that dorm had an officer which received the packets people living there got in the mail, since the letterboxes couldn't contain them. And as I may remember the Wrath launch was during a weekend, and I didn't get home in time to get my packet containing the Collectors Edition :S
So what should I do, either wait to get it monday morning, which was out of the question, buy a new collectors edition and return that one, hmm likely but couldn't find one anywhere which I could get just as the game launched. So had to buy a plain one. I then later wanted to upgrade to my collectors edition, but rather than upgrading one wrath account to another I used to opportunity to please my brother with his highest wish at the time, one of my high level chars, but what he didn't know was that he would get the whole account with all my chars beside 2 (my 2 mages named Chillyskye), that saved me the trouble of finding a suiting present, I got cleaned out in my old chars and got to use Collectors Edition Very Happy
Divinora
Secret Keeper
Secret Keeper

Female
Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Re: Mage Application**Approved**

Post  Divinora on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:13 am

Thank you for your application, we will reply to you soon, please keep in mind that we are not a hard core guild and be sure you have read very carefully our guild rules.

Good luck with yr application

Divinora - Secret Keeper

ChillySkye
Acolyte Keeper
Acolyte Keeper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-09

Post  ChillySkye on Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:40 am

Which part of my application got you worried if I read the rules?
I did read the rules and of cause I approve of them, otherwise I wouldn't have applied.
If its regarding my dislike of the DKP system, then its something I'm very aware of you using, and of cause its your rules, so you won't hear any complains from my side about that. Just wanted to mention, that when I ran a guild I choose another approach.

Noted for future applications, keep some thoughts to self Very Happy
Divinora
Secret Keeper
Secret Keeper

Female
Number of posts : 914
Registration date : 2007-09-27

Post  Divinora on Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:15 am

When you be online contact me or Uroukhigh.

Divinora - Secret Keeper

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:07 pm